A big thank you to Nicolle Zapien for pinpointing these 8 factors in infidelity. I find that they are very accurate.
- Dissatisfaction and hopelessness in the relationship.
- A value of novelty and passion in romantic/sexual relationships.
- A sense of deserving sexual satisfaction and intimate connections.
- The partner and self are viewed as fixed characters.
- Lack of curiosity for the partner as a subject.
- An experience of desire and passion overriding and overtaking one’s judgment.
- The affair is not recognized as an affair until after it begins.
- Divorce or opening up the relationship are not considered options for resolving the issues.